4.2.1 Installation of solutions, actions and mitigation strategies
A. Background & Definitions
Researchers may identify issues, needs and challenges via different routes (e.g. 4.1.1 Risk assessment, 4.1.2 Self assessment, during group meeting discussions,...) that need to be addressed by the research unit to improve the quality of data. These challenges can be listed in a document prepared by the research unit or in the Action Plan when applying the EQIPD Planning Tool. These challenges require solutions to be established and the implementation to be documented.
B. Guidance & Expectations
Installation of solutions, actions and mitigation strategies require continuous efforts by the researchers of a unit for improving the quality of the research data.
Hence, it is expected that:
- Relevant challenges must be addressed with adequate solutions
- The solutions are challenged for their effectiveness and appropriateness on a regular basis (either individually or during the 4.1.2 Self assessment)
- If necessary, refinements are implemented
- Implementation and updates are documented
These expectations are supported by EQIPD Tools:
- A list of challenges is provided in the Action Plan and can be addressed according to the prescribed "Importance/Priority", however, researchers do not have to adhere to this priority list if items with lower priority seem to be more important to deal with for a research unit.
- The Toolbox provides information on how to implement solutions
- 4.1.2 Self assessment or 4.1.3 External Assessment helps to challenge the implemented solutions
- The Action Plan provides the possibility to document the implementation, updates and comments
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET
- To periodically assess the solutions
to be added
back to Toolbox
Next item: 4.2.2 Error and incident management