3.2.1 General guidance on training
A. Background & Definitions
This item refers to one of the Core Requirements (Core Requirement 11 - "All personnel involved in research must have adequate training and competence to perform assigned tasks") and is, therefore, considered as essential.
B. Guidance & Expectations
It is generally expected that it is the task of Process Owner to define the training needs of the research unit:
- All mandatory/legally required trainings need to be documented securely maintained for all members of research unit, e.g.
- Training related to animal care and use
- For all other trainings: Unless prioritized and set by the parent organization, the Process Owner need to prioritize and set content, enforcement and documentation requirements based on RU's quality criteria, e.g.
- Training related to detection, recording, reporting and avoidance of Conflict of Interest
- Training for new employees joining the research unit
- Training related to equipment used for the first time; materials and reagents that require special handling, storage, or disposal
- Training must be provided to all employees on how to record data and what is considered sufficient data recording
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET
- To consider the need to develop and provide refresher training
to be added
back to Toolbox
Nxt item: 3.2.2 Good Research Practice training